- First Pharma Pty Ltd are committed to respecting the personal information of any individuals who provide their personal information to us.
The Privacy Act
- The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act of 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) apply to, among other organisations, private sector organisations with an annual turnover of more than $3 million. We are bound by the APPs contained in the Privacy Act.
- The APPs provide guidelines for the collection, use, storage, security and disclosure of personal and sensitive information. Individuals have the right to know what, and have access to, personal information an organisation holds about them and to have personal information about them amended if incorrect.
Your Personal Information is Important to Us
- We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
Collecting Information About You
- We will only collect personal information which is necessary for the purpose of conducting our business.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Any personal information you give us is used solely for the purpose for which it was given and will not be shared, sold, or given to any third parties, unless there is consent to the use or disclosure or where required or authorised under the exemptions set out in the Privacy Act, which may include emergency situations and assisting law enforcement agencies.
Quality of Personal Information
- Our aim is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact us using the details provided below if the information you have provided us changes and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the data.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
- We take all reasonable steps to keep any personal information which we hold about you secure and protected from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This is done through the practice of appropriate procedures relating to the storage of hard copy documents and electronic data.
Access To Personal Information
- You can request access to any personal information that we hold about you at any time, provided that the information was collected by us after the 21st December 2001 (on which date the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth) extended the coverage of the Privacy Act to include private sector organisations). This is subject to some exceptions allowed by law. To request access please contact us using the details provided below. Depending on the complexity of your request, a small charge may be applicable.
Collection of Sensitive Information
- We will not collect sensitive information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record without your consent.
- Any emails we receive from you will only be used for the purpose given and are subject to the conditions set out in this Privacy statement. Please note, as email communication is not secure, any personal information you send via email is done so at your own risk.
- This Privacy Statement Does Not Apply to: acts or practices of First Pharma that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees; or information about companies.
- We may from time to time review and revise our statements and policies. Accordingly, we reserve the right to change this Privacy statement at any time.
- If you feel that First Pharma has not handled a request or complaint regarding privacy that has not been dealt with appropriately, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- If you have any questions about this Privacy statement, our privacy practices, or you wish to make a privacy complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org